Mindlink Resources, LLC is seeking a qualified interpreter to join our team. As an educational interpreter, you will be responsible for providing language support to families who speak languages other than English. You will be required to interpret spoken statements from one language into another, ensuring that the meaning and intent of the original message are preserved. To be considered for this role, you must have a strong command of at least two languages and experience interpreting in a professional setting. You should also have excellent listening and communication skills, as well as the ability to remain impartial and objective during interpretation. You should also have a good understanding of educational terminology and the ability to adapt to different age groups and language proficiency levels.
- Interpret spoken or written statements from one language into another, ensuring the meaning and intent of the original message are preserved
- Provide accurate and effective communication between individuals who speak different languages – Maintain impartiality and objectivity during interpretation
- Follow ethical guidelines for interpreters, including confidentiality and cultural sensitivity
- Provide interpretation for language diverse families
- Strong command of at least two languages
- Experience interpreting in a professional setting
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to remain impartial and objective during interpretation
- At least 1 year experience as an interpreter
- Access to high-speed broadband internet
- Basic understanding of how to use a telephone and computer
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in the interpretation/translation industry (preferred)
- Knowledge of basic terminology related to a public K-12 educational system
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as opportunities for professional development and advancement. If you are a qualified interpreter and are interested in joining our team, please apply today. We look forward to reviewing your application.